The following recipe is to aid you in staying healthier while living with Type 2 Diabetes.
- Nonstick Olive oil cooking spray
- ½ pound mushrooms – sliced
- Two teaspoons dried basil leaves
- Two teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper or Cayenne pepper for the health benefits
- One ¾ cups (14 oz can) reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups uncooked Arborio rice
- One can (10 ¾ oz) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 3 cups packed spinach leaves – chopped
- Six tablespoons chopped walnuts – toasted
- ¼ cup grated veggie cheese of your choice or Parmesan cheese for those who eat dairy
- If extra seasoning is needed, add some Sea salt
- Use a 3-quart saucepan & spray it with cooking spray. Turn the heat on hi while heating.
- Add the mushrooms, basil, garlic and pepper. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms become tender.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, rice, soup and the water. Cook and stir until the mixture starts to boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer for 12 minutes. Stir it two times while it is cooking or until rice is tender & firm.
- Stir in the spinach. Cover and let it sit for 5 to 7 minutes or until the spinach wilts.
- Sprinkle the risotto with walnuts and cheese before serving.
To toast the walnuts, spread each in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 325 °F for eight to 10 minutes or until nuts turn golden brown.
The toasted nuts will bring out the flavor.
Serving Size: 8
Please feel free to leave a comment. You can also share via email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, G+ Google, Tumblr, and Pinterest. Please scroll down to see the sharing options.
Additionally, please feel free to subscribe to keep up with my blogs. You can scroll down to the bottom of the page to do so.
Thank you for stopping by.