The following recipe is to aid you in staying healthier while living with Type 2 Diabetes.
- One small zucchini – chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper – chopped
- ½ cup onion – chopped
- Two cloves garlic – minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded reduced-fat veggie cheese or Cheddar cheese for dairy lovers
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro – chopped
- Add some Sea salt for taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Add cooking spray to large nonstick skillet. Heat it over medium heat until it is hot. Add zucchini, pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin.
- Cook and stir it for 3 to 4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the veggies and put to the side. Wipe off the skillet.
- Use a spoon and place the vegetable mixture over half of each tortilla. Sprinkle them evenly with the cilantro and cheese. Fold the tortillas in half.
- Spray the cleaned skillet with the cooking spray. Add the tortillas and heat for one to two minutes on each side. Do this over medium heat. Heat until lightly browned. Cut the tortillas into three parts.
Serving Size: 8
Please feel free to leave a comment. You can also share via email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, G+ Google, Tumblr, and Pinterest. Please scroll down to see the sharing options.
Additionally, please feel free to subscribe to keep up with my blogs. You can scroll down to the bottom of the page to do so.
Thank you for stopping by.