The following recipe is to aid you in staying healthier while living with Type 2 Diabetes.
- Two tablespoons Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper or more based on tolerance
- One teaspoon chili powder
- 6 cups water
- ¾ cup uncooked Orzo pasta
- 1 cup frozen mixed veggies
- One can (16 oz) black beans, rinsed/drained
- Two thin slices red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups washed spinach leaves – torn
- Pinch of Sea salt or add more for taste
- Mix Olive oil along with ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper and chili powder in a medium-sized bowl. Put aside for later.
- Boil water with the other ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper in large saucepan. Add the Orzo and cook for 10-12 minutes; or until the Orzo is tender. Drain.
- Cook the frozen veggies until almost tender.
- Mix all the ingredients together in the bowl you have set aside: Orzo, steamed veggies, black beans, onion, cilantro, lime and lemon juice. Divide up the spinach leaves on each plate when serving.
Serving Size: 4
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Please feel free to leave a comment. You can also share via email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, G+ Google, Tumblr, and Pinterest. Please scroll down to see the sharing options.
Additionally, please feel free to subscribe to keep up with my blogs. You can scroll down to the bottom of the page to do so.
Thank you for stopping by.