The following recipe is to aid you in staying healthier while living with Type 2 Diabetes.
- One teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups yellow onions – chopped
- 1 cup carrots – thinly sliced
- 12 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- Two cans (14 oz each) fat-free, reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- One can (10 ¾ oz) 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup quick-cooking barley
- One teaspoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ cup green onions – finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Coat it with nonstick cooking spray. Add oil and tilt the pan to coat the bottom.
- Add the yellow onions and cook for 8 minutes, or until they start turning golden. Add the carrots and cook them for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, vegetable broth, cream of mushroom soup, barley, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to a medium or low setting. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes while stirring two or three times. Stir in green onions, salt, and pepper.
Serving Size: 4
Please feel free to leave a comment. You can also share via email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, G+ Google, Tumblr, and Pinterest. Please scroll down to see the sharing options.
Additionally, please feel free to subscribe to keep up with my blogs. You can scroll down to the bottom of the page to do so.
Thank you for stopping by.