The following recipe is to aid you in staying healthier while living with Type 2 Diabetes.
Cauliflower is a great alternative to rice. I made it with all my herbs and spices, but you can stick to a few of your favorites. Please feel free to add more of the herbs and spices based on your taste.
- One teaspoon Cilantro
- One teaspoon Oregano
- One teaspoon Thyme
- One teaspoon Basil
- One medium Onion – minced
- Two tablespoon Olive oil
- Two cloves Garlic or more based on taste – minced
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper or more if you like your foods hot and spicy
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder
- One teaspoon Turmeric powder or more based on taste
- One teaspoon Sea salt
- One bunch Cauliflower
- 1 cup water
- Wash the Cauliflower and break off the florets. Grate each of them until you get to last part of the stem.
- Warm the Olive oil in a large saucepan, and add all the herbs and spices while stirring. Do so for one minute.
- Add the grated Cauliflower to the saucepan. Stir up all the herbs and spices until Cauliflower is covered in it.
- Stir for about five more minutes.
- Add the water and cover saucepan. Cook to your preference. Some people like it tender and others like it crunchy. This part is up to you.
Serving Size: 4-6
Preparation time: 45 minutes to an hour
Please feel free to leave a comment. You can also share via email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, G+ Google, Tumblr, and Pinterest. Please scroll down to see the sharing options.
Additionally, please feel free to subscribe to keep up with my blogs. You can scroll down to the bottom of the page to do so.
Thank you for stopping by.