The following recipe is to aid you in staying healthier while living with Type 2 Diabetes.
- One tablespoon Olive oil
- One medium onion – thinly sliced
- 1 seeded Jalapeño pepper – minced (use gloves when cutting)
- One tablespoon chili powder
- Three cloves garlic – minced
- Two teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- One teaspoon ground cumin
- One large sweet potato – baked, cooled, peeled & diced
- One can (15 oz) black beans or pinto beans – rinsed & drained
- 1 cup frozen Non-GMO corn – thawed & drained
- One green bell pepper – chopped
- Two tablespoons lime juice
- ¾ cup (3 oz) shredded reduced-fat veggie cheese or Monterey Jack cheese for dairy lovers
- Four flour tortillas (10 inches)
- The sour cream is optional
- Add some Sea salt for taste
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Heat Olive oil in large saucepan over medium to high heat. Add onion & stir while it cooks. Do this for 10 minutes or until onion is golden brown.
- Add the Jalapeño pepper, chili powder, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Stir for another minute or so. Add one tablespoon of water and stir.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sweet potato, beans, corn, bell pepper, and lime juice.
- Add two tablespoons of cheese in center of each tortilla. Add a cup of the mixed ingredients in the tortilla.
- Fold all four sides of the tortillas around the filling. Place the burritos with the folded side on a baking sheet.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Serving Size: 4
Please feel free to leave a comment. You can also share via email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, G+ Google, Tumblr, and Pinterest. Please scroll down to see the sharing options.
Additionally, please feel free to subscribe to keep up with my blogs. You can scroll down to the bottom of the page to do so.
Thank you for stopping by.